Forum Home > Sports Betting
Sport discussion in terms of lines, totals, props and more
Page 1 of 1
Sundays Favorites or Dogs
Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Went Two for Two on Saturday thanks to everyone on PokerPoise for helping now who do you like on Sunday both Michigan State and Duke are -2.5 right now. Stick with favorites or roll with the Dogs?
Re: Sundays Favorites or Dogs
Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:38 am

Glad you went two for two sir, nice work! I definitely would take duke but the other game is tough. Both coaches thrive in the tourney but I think I lean towards MSU because Louisville has no depth. That game is really tough and I would maybe just double down on Duke.
Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:42 am

Good points bstrumpf - I definitely agree with you on Duke. However, I lean towards Louisville in the other game. Louisville remained a ranked team while playing in the ACC, and I think that gives them a slight edge but agree with you that this game is tough. Doubling down on duke is probably best but I would pick Louisville!
Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 am

jrod2767 wrote:Went Two for Two on Saturday thanks to everyone on PokerPoise for helping now who do you like on Sunday both Michigan State and Duke are -2.5 right now. Stick with favorites or roll with the Dogs?

Nice job yesterday, JRod.

Assuming 2.5-point spreads for this afternoon, I'm rolling with Tom Izzo in March. The Spartans have hit a good patch at just the right time (it seems to have began when they beat Maryland in the B1G tourney) and they're 3-0 ATS in this tournament so far. Not to mention, as much as I like the athletes on Louisville's squad (how great a running mate would Montrezl Harrell make for John Wall in Washington?), I'm siding with the experienced upperclassmen (Trice, Valentine, Dawson) at Michigan State.

As a Marylander and Terps fan, it's only fair that I root against Duke. Unfortunately, the Blue Devils boast a three-headed freshman attack (Winslow, Okafor, Jones) that plays more like a trio of juniors, as well as an experienced guard in Quinn Cook running the show. But this is exactly what every other person is thinking. I would imagine a heavy public interest in Duke (-2.5), as most will feel the same way we've felt about Gonzaga in the past (ie. we don't see much of 'em on the east coast, they play an average schedule, and they're never quite as good as advertised), which is why I'm on the other side of this. Gimme Gonzaga (a much better team than in seasons past) as an underdog, and I'd seriously consider a money line play as well.

MSU (-2.5)
GON (+2.5) / (ML)

Good luck, guys.
Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:34 am

Thanks again everyone I got a idea on what I should. Let me know on how everybody is doing.
Page 1 of 1