Forum Home > Fantasy Sports
Lineups, trade advice, and more for your fantasy sport team
Page 1 of 1
DraftKings Lineup Advice
Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Alrighty here's what I'm thinking for this weekend:

QB - Eli Manning (killed the skins last time)
RB - LeGarette Blount (great value IMO at 4400)
RB - Chris Johnson (he's super cheap and the titans have an awful run defense)
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - Steve Smith Sr. (I don't understand why he's so cheap every week)
WR - Jordy Nelson
TE - Larry Donnell (skins have given up 4 tds in the past two weeks to TEs)
Flex - Odell Beckham Jr
Def - Bengals
Re: DraftKings Lineup Advice
Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:30 pm

I like the Eli/OBJ stack for sure, but I'd be cautious of two things -- limiting myself with Beckham's hefty salary ($8,400), and taking such a heavy favorite this week at the wideout position. If you're going heads-up, OBJ is a safe play. But in large GPPs, turning to someone other than Beckham could separate you from the rest of the pack.

I agree with the Blount value play, and I'd add Isaiah Crowell ($4,900) to the bargain bin as well. On the other hand, I can't get behind Chris Johnson. He's entirely too risky -- has been all season -- and Chris Ivory should receive a good bulk of the carries.

I obviously don't hate anyone going up against Jacksonville's defense, but to answer your question regarding Steve Smith Sr. -- his salary is reflective of his volatility. Sure he can give you a 20-point day, but it also wouldn't be shocking to see him throw out a single-digit output. That said, I'd agree with the fact that his price is worth the gamble this weekend.

Hard to say anything bad about TY Hilton, and his best performance of the season came against the Texans in Week 6. Maybe we get Round 2?

Jordy, of course -- because he's awesome -- and Larry Donnell feels right against a putrid Washington defense.

A few other names I like this week:

Mike Evans ($6,600) -- he's on a really nice run the past several weeks and the Panthers are vulnerable.

Alfred Morris ($5,000) -- he had a good game against them last go'round and NYG can't stop the run.

Pierre Garcon ($4,800) -- it requires some faith in Colt McCoy, but Garcon could work out if DeSean Jackson misses more time.

Allen Hurns ($4,000) -- Baltimore is a good defense, but there's something to like about Hurns in the slot against a safety this week.

Martellus Bennett ($5,900) -- if he's healthy, he's in the mix for top play at his position this week.

As for decent streaming options on defense this week: New York Giants, Baltimore, and the (somewhat of a) sleeper, New England.

Good luck.
Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Awesome analysis here. I agree with Shae about Chris Johnson, I like your lineup a lot but would swap Chris Johnson for Joique Bell. Then maybe downgrade Beckham because I like how you go all-in with Manning and Donnell.
Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. I like Bell as well so thinking of updating to the following:

QB - Eli
RB - Blount
RB - Joique Bell
WR - TY Hilton
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Steve Smith
TE - Donnell
Flex - Jeremy Maclin
Def - Bengals

Thoughts? Maclin intrigues me...
Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Be sure to checkout the Fantasy Sports Cafe for NFL Week 15. Delicious as always.
Page 1 of 1